“Get \’yer dogs rite here!”
Kike Hernandez, Yasiel Puig and Joc Pederson were at the corner of 7th and Figueroa to hand out Dodger Dogs to fans yesterday as a part of the teams “Love L.A.” Community Tour.
Pic at the very top via @Dodgers on twitter and taken by Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2016. Go here to see more photos of the event from Jon. Below are more links to check out:
- The Dodgers just released pics of their 2016 Spring Training apparel; including the awesome cursive “D” cap on the right. It is very reminiscent of the alternate caps worn by the clubs AAA Oklahoma City Dodgers team and the cap sported by Tom Selleck in the 1992 movie “Mr. Baseball.” Cary Osborne at Dodger Insider shares more pics here.
- The Shredder at the MLB Network ranks the Top 10 third basemen right now and it includes Justin Turner at #5. Watch it here. BTW, JP Hoornstra at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin noted that Turner has been cleared to start running:
“I felt really good,” he said. “I passed enough tests to go outside and see how that goes. Next step is to see how I feel (Friday).”
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, “Valenzuela serving as Presidential Ambassador.”
“It\’s a great honor for me to be here, to be a citizen and a Presidential Ambassador,” said Valenzuela. “In this role, I want to share with the United States and the city of Los Angeles the many rights that come with being a citizen. I\’m excited to get to vote in my first presidential election. It\’s important for the Los Angeles community to know how important it is to vote.”
- Apparently, Howie Kendrick might still be in the Dodgers plans, via Ken Rosenthal on twitter:
Sources: #Dodgers considering Kendrick. Not ideal fit with Kiké, Utley at 2B. Greater need for depth at 3B; Turner coming off knee surgery.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 29, 2016
- Just a brief update on the Time Warner/Charter merger, the California PUC had a public meeting the other day and there was strong opposition. But… chances of the merger successfully consummating is good. Most of the opposition didn\’t want to squash the deal. Rather, they were looking to add further conditions to it.
As I\’ve said before, it is unlikely we\’ll have expansion of the Dodgers SportsNet LA coverage through the Southland without the successful merger. Once that happens, I suspect coverage expands rapidly. Time Warner COO added during yesterday\’s quarterly conference call, via Seeking Alpha:
“We remain hopeful that the approval process in California can be accelerated.
All that said, we\’re still not in a position to provide you with a specific timetable for closing.”
California PUC approval could extend out to June 10th of this year… Ugh!
- Here\’s a fantastic read by NHL enforcer and 2016 NHL All-Star John Scott at the Players Tribune; “A Guy Like Me.” If you don\’t know, there\’s bit a controversy about his selection as the Pacific Division Captain; considering he is often called a goon and his selection (from fan balloting) is seen by some as an scar to the league.
And that didn’t happen because of the internet. I busted my ass to be one of them. I’ve skated every day since I was three years old to be one of them. I’ve persevered through Juniors roster cuts, Alaskan bus rides, Advanced Dynamics exams, and — yes — fights, to be one of them.
But I’m one of them. And that means a lot to me.
It means a lot to my family.
So when someone from the NHL calls me and says, “Do you think this is something your kids would be proud of?”
… That’s when they lost me.
That was it, right there. That was the moment.