– Do you own gold in the safest way possible?
– Do you own gold via an exchange traded fund, a digital gold provider or another form of pooled gold?
– Have you ever thought about how you would sell or access your gold if the internet went down or if your gold provider became compromised or un-contactable?
– In this episode of the Goldnomics Podcast, we discuss how Direct Access Gold and the Direct Access Gold Contingency Agreement is an evolution of GoldCore Secure Storage and goes one step further in terms of ensuring liquidity, competitive pricing and outright ownership of investors’ gold.
– Cyber, digital, geopolitical and systemic risks are very real and increasing today. There is no way to completely eliminate these risks but Direct Access Gold mitigates and greatly reduces them
– In the event of certain geopolitical, digital and systemic risks materialising, it is important that gold buyers and investors can take delivery or move their gold to a location of choice
– Direct Access Gold is being considered as a game-changer when it comes to the level of safety, security and access that precious metals investors have when it comes to their gold
– It is an industry first that addresses some of the perceived weaknesses of digital gold and gold ETFs (Exchange Traded Funds); the single point of pricing or liquidity and the lack of access and outright ownership underlying gold assets
Did you know that only a tiny fraction of ETF and digital gold holdings are effectively available for delivery in coin or bar format at any one time?
Probably less than 1%!
Rather than owning gold coins or bars outright, you may be part of a pool of investors who all have an interest in large 400 ounce gold bars. This means that you own a part or parts of a bar and your holding is not capable of being separated from that of other investors.
As a result it is not possible in most circumstances to easily take possession of your gold. If you are a holder of an ETF (an Exchange Traded Fund), you own a share in a fund that has an interest in a pool of gold bars and you most likely don’t even have direct access to your gold.
This creates an unappreciated degree of risk…
News and Commentary
Gold Prices (LBMA AM)
17 Oct: USD 1,226.75, GBP 933.68 & EUR 1,061.38 per ounce
16 Oct: USD 1,228.85, GBP 931.35 & EUR 1,061.73 per ounce
15 Oct: USD 1,233.00, GBP 937.70 & EUR 1,064.45 per ounce
12 Oct: USD 1,218.75, GBP 922.11 & EUR 1,052.15 per ounce
11 Oct: USD 1,201.10, GBP 910.31 & EUR 1,040.27 per ounce
10 Oct: USD 1,186.40, GBP 902.02 & EUR 1,033.00 per ounce
Silver Prices (LBMA)
17 Oct: USD 14.65, GBP 11.16 & EUR 12.69 per ounce
16 Oct: USD 14.76, GBP 11.16 & EUR 12.74 per ounce
15 Oct: USD 14.74, GBP 11.19 & EUR 12.71 per ounce
12 Oct: USD 14.60, GBP 11.04 & EUR 12.60 per ounce
11 Oct: USD 14.40, GBP 10.90 & EUR 12.45 per ounce
10 Oct: USD 14.38, GBP 10.92 & EUR 12.50 per ounce
Recent Market Updates
The post How Do You Sell Your Vaulted Gold When the Internet Goes Down? appeared first on GoldCore Gold Bullion Dealer.