The physical silver bullion market is seeing a âperfect stormâ brewing according to an article replete with some recent videos about the silver market by Rory Hall of the precious metals website, The Daily Coin.
Silver has been money longer than gold. Silver is called the âpeople’s moneyâ, while gold is called the âmoney of kingsâ.
In the U.S., silver was an integral part of our monetary system until 1964 when it was gradually removed from coins. This change has not slowed the depletion of above ground silver stocks, nor has it changed the volume of silver being used, on a global scale, for everything from computers, TV’s, cell phones, bombs and solar panels to name but a few. Silver is vital manufacturing material in today’s world and, as stated, is money.
This is to say nothing of the investment demand that has exploded over the course of the past ten years. Investment demand for silver coins and bars has never been higher. The U.S. Mint, Royal Canadian Mint and Perth Mint all set new records for silver in 2015. All three of these mints are on pace for another new record in 2016. Physical silver is in high demand for every purpose in which it can be used.
Let’s review some of what we know to be absolute facts regarding physical silver in 2015-2016 and beyond.
- China and India both have massive solar energy programs for each country â which requires, literally, tons of silver
- China alone will produce over 100GW (gigawatts) of solar power by 2020 (they are currently way ahead of this deadline and may increase the amount of solar power they produce) â this will power some 300 million homes (100 million U.S. equivalent)
- Morocco has plans to energize over 1 million households with solar power by 2018
As noted in the following interviews with Jeff Brown, China Rising, China has been importing raw silver dora bars as well as silver ore/concentrates. This means China will take all the physical silver available in whatever form is readily available. This is to say nothing of the fact that China mines approximately 100 million ounces of silver annually on her own soil!! That is massive demand for a single item.
Solar Energy Drives Silver Demand in China
Unlocking the Secrets to China’s Silver Demand
If we look at the mining industry, which is how silver comes to market, we see an industry that has been abused, unloved and drained of capital inflows for the past 3-5 years. Without mining companies digging silver out of the ground silver will be completely depleted and we will only be left with above ground inventory. This will never happen, but the mining industry is a capital intensive industry and without new inflows of capital, either from the sale of their product, at a profit, or investment capital, mines begin struggling and, in a lot of cases, will slow down or shut down the operation very quickly.
This has been the case over the past several years.
- China is buying, outright, or acquiring controlling shares of mines around the world â primarily gold mines, but probably silver mines as well
- First Majestic, a primary silver mining company was recently contacted by a large technologies manufacturer to directly purchase silver from the source
- U.S. Mint has, not only sold out 100% of their stock on three different occasions in the last three years, but have been rationing sales of American Silver Eagles since June 2015 with no sign of change for the near future
- U.S. Mint has set new all time sales records of American Silver Eagles for the past three straight and is on pace for another all time sales record in 2016 (personally I believe the U.S. Mint will manage their inventory and avoid a new record in 2016)
- Royal Canadian Mint has set new all time sales records for Silver Maple Leafs for the past two consecutive years and is currently on pace to three-peat
- Royal Canadian Mint (RCM), like the U.S. Mint has struggled over the past two years to keep up with demand. RCM, like the USMint sold out of product and had to shut down operations until they could produce enough product to reopen.
- RCM was completely sold out of 10 oz. silver bars between June 2015 and February 2016 due to a lack of product to produce the bars!
- Perth Mint, in Australia, set a new all time sales record in 2015 and is on pace to repeat in 2016
The interview below, with CEO, First Majestic, Keith Neumeyer was recorded on April 24, 2016. Keith, while not naming the company, explains how his silver mining company was contacted regarding a direct line of silver for one of the large technology manufacturers.
Silver, More Rare Than the Market Understands
As you can see owning physical silver may be to your advantage. While the most popular silver coins in the world are setting new sales records, entire nations are implementing silver dependent energy sources (solar) and the companies that can actually deliver the raw material are slowing or shutting down; this makes for a perfect storm in the silver market.
One last thing. On January 28, 2016 the silver futures market and the silver spot market (this is where the exchange rate (price) of silver is set) experienced a âglitchâ. The market shut down for approximately 15 minutes while the âmarket makersâ were attempting to sort out an anomaly that had occurred. The âglitchâ was an $0.80 difference in the future contract price and the spot price of silver. This was a failure of epic portions by the people controlling the silver market. Just a few weeks later, Deutsche Bank, was found to have rigged both the silver and gold markets and within 24 hours of this unprecedented decision there were two civil class-action lawsuits brought against Deutsche Bank totaling over $1 billion.
Bill Murphy: All about the Physical Market
The bullion banking cabal is in trouble. The physical silver market is on fire with demand. Physical silver supply is strained. The storm grows stronger by the day.
Got silver coins and bars?
Read the article on the Daily Coin here
We recently re released our comprehensive silver interview with Jan Skoyles in which we discuss many of the key fundamentals alluded to by Rory Hall. Nothing has changed and arguably the fundamentals are even more bullish today than they were then.
The Get Real Silver interview with the astute Jan Skoyles looks at why silver is set to soar again and the vital importance of owning physical silver coins (now VAT free in UK and EU) and silver bars. It can be watched here:
GoldCore: Why Silver Bullion Is Set To Soar
Recent Market Updates
â Martin Wolf: There Will Be Another âHugeâ Financial Crisis
â Silver Price To Surge 800% on Global Industrial and Technological Demand
â BREXIT Gold Diversification As Vote Fuels Market Uncertainty
â Gold Forecasts Revised Higher â Citi Says âBuy the Dipâ
â Gold Should Rise Above $1,900/oz -âGet In Now!â
â World’s Largest Asset Manager Suggests âPerfect Timeâ For Gold
â Gold As âExtremely Low-Risk Assetâ â Rogoff Advises Creditor Nations
â Silver â âBest Precious Metals Tradeâ
Breaking News and Commentary
‘Brexit’ could see FTSE sink by over 10%: UBS analyst (CNBC)
UBS Wealth: Brexit could hammer pound to 1985 levels (FT)
Gold dips, on track for fifth straight weekly decline (Reuters)
Gold little changed after ECB; U.S. labour data in focus (Reuters)
Clinton says Donald Trump unfit to have finger on nuclear trigger (Telegraph)
Silver Is âInvestment opportunity of a lifetimeâ â Butler (Silver Seek)
Silver Will Move The Most of All The Metals (Daily Coin)
Massive Movements of Gold and Silver Inside COMEX (Harvey Organ)
Why Technical Analysis Does Not Work for Gold and Silver (24h Gold)
Gold: Short Term Pain, Long Term Gain (Forbes)
Read More Here
Gold Prices (LBMA AM)
03 June: USD 1,211.00, EUR 1,086.63 and GBP 839.34 per ounce
02 June: USD 1,215.50, EUR 1,085.32 and GBP 842.10 per ounce
01 June: USD 1,216.25, EUR 1,090.00 and GBP 841.77 per ounce
31 May: USD 1,210.50, EUR 1,087.39 and GBP 829.07 per ounce
30 May: No Fix as Spring Holiday in UK
27 May: USD 1,221.25, EUR 1,092.16 and GBP 833.50 per ounce
Silver Prices (LBMA)
03 June: USD 16.10, EUR 14.45 and GBP 11.17 per ounce
02 June: USD 15.98, EUR 14.27 and GBP 11.07 per ounce
01 June: USD 15.95, EUR 14.30 and GBP 11.04 per ounce
31 May: USD 16.06, EUR 14.40 and GBP 10.99 per ounce
30 May: No Fix as Spring Holiday in UK
27 May: USD 16.30, EUR 14.58 and GBP 11.12 per ounce
The post Physical Silver Bullion â Perfect Storm Brewing in the Market appeared first on GoldCore Gold Bullion Dealer.