Gold has surged another 4% this week to bring year to date gains to 20% in dollar terms, 19% in euro terms and 24% in sterling terms. We were interviewed by PickingAlpha.com yesterday afternoon and looked at what is currently driving gold prices higher in all currencies.
The sharp rise of gold prices and whether it is sustainable was considered. As was the British economy in the run up to Brexit referendum and the vulnerability of sterling due to the second largest current account deficit in the UK’s post war history and London’s property bubble.
The impact of the Chinese slowdown and the 1% rise of the Indian Duty tax, followed by country’s numerous jewelers’s strike and the outlook for Chinese and Indian demand were also looked at.
Gold is the strongest currency in the world so far this year. Gold prices began the year at $1,062.25/oz, €974.32 and £716.36 per ounce. Prices have surged in all currencies internationally and today’s AM fix was $1,271.50, €1,158.67 and £898.93 per ounce.
Or to put it more correctly, fiat currencies are being devalued and again losing value versus gold … as they do over the long term.
Listen to interview here
Gold in USD – 5 Years
LBMA Gold Prices
04 Mar: USD 1,271.50, EUR 1,158.67 and GBP 898.93 per ounce
03 Mar: USD 1,241.95, EUR 1,141.48 and GBP 882.24 per ounce
02 Mar: USD 1,229.35, EUR 1,131.53 and GBP 881.54 per ounce
01 Mar: USD 1,240.00, EUR 1,141.70 and GBP 886.09 per ounce
29 Feb: USD 1,234.15, EUR 1,131.46 and GBP 890.95 per ounce
Gold and Silver News and Commentary
– Gold Snaps Back to Bull Market as Prices Surge on Haven Demand – Bloomberg
– Gold holds near 13-month high ahead of U.S. jobs data – Reuters
– Gold prices are at their highest in more than a year with key technicals in play – Marketwatch
– Gold price: It’s official – bull market is back – Mining.com
– Hong Kong exchange will launch a gold futures contract that’s actually gold – Bloomberg
– Gold Is Starting To “Trade Like Money” says Rickards – Bloomberg Video
– Central Banks Extend Longest Gold-Buying Spree Since 1965: Chart – Bloomberg
– What Will Be Golden Ruling on London’s Bullion Market? – Platts
– London’s Property Market Heading For Fall – Money Week
– We’re in the Eye of the Financial Hurricane – Casey Research
– JPMorgan Goes Underweight Stocks, Says Buy Gold – Zero Hedge
Read more here
‘7 Real Risks To Your Gold Ownership’ – New Must Read Gold Guide Here
The post Interview: What Is Driving All Currencies Lower Against Gold? appeared first on GoldCore Gold Bullion Dealer.