News, Market Updates, Charts and Videos You May Have Missed
Here is our weekly digest of the important news, market updates, charts and videos we covered this week.
As emerging market currencies around the world collapse in value and gold reaches new record highs in these fiat currencies, we felt it important to look at the terrible situation in Venezuela and consider whether this will be the fate of other massively indebted nations.
A “picture paints a thousand words” and the photos from
Reuters Wider Image were very powerful in helping people understand the devastation that hyperinflation is reeking on the once wealthy South American nation.
Videos This Week
Market Updates This Week
Video: “Financial War” Deepens as Russia Buys Gold and German Foreign Ministers Calls For “Alternative Payments System”
Video: Will Indebted Nations Globally Follow Venezuela Into Hyperinflation?
End Of Dollar Hegemony May Happen Soon and Badly Impact Indebted America
10 Incredible Photos From Venezuela Show The Severe Risks Of Currency Devaluation
Charts This Week
News and Commentary
Gold headed for longest monthly losing streak since 2013 (Reuters.com)
Gold breaks consolidation range and drops back below $1,200 (FXStreet.com)
Trump to Back $200 Billion China Tariffs as Early as Next Week, Sources Say (Bloomberg.com)
Russian Lawmaker Suggests Gold-Linked Cryptocurrency for Arms Exports (CNN.com)
Special Report: In Venezuela, new cryptocurrency is nowhere to be found (Reuters.com)
Jim Rogers: Buy Gold (MoneyWeek.com)
How the 1930s banking crises prolonged the Great Depression (MoneyWeek.com)
Record bull run must end soon. So is it time for a return to gold? (Spectator.co.uk)
Australia’s “Mortgage Prisoners” Totally Screwed As Refi Rejections Soar (ZeroHedge.com)
Mapping The Countries Shutting Down The Internet The Most (ZeroHedge.com)
Let The Emerging Market Bailouts Begin: “We Don’t Have Much Choice” (Gold-Eagle.com)
The World Is Ganging up Against the Dollar (DailyReckoning.com)
Listen on SoundCloud , Blubrry & iTunes. Watch on YouTube below
Gold Prices (LBMA AM)
30 Aug: USD 1,202.35, GBP 924.25 & EUR 1,028.49 per ounce
29 Aug: USD 1,204.30, GBP 935.14 & EUR 1,032.33 per ounce
28 Aug: USD 1,212.75, GBP 939.88 & EUR 1,037.02 per ounce
24 Aug: USD 1,189.95, GBP 928.76 & EUR 1,029.43 per ounce
23 Aug: USD 1,187.30, GBP 923.24 & EUR 1,027.61 per ounce
22 Aug: USD 1,196.85, GBP 928.25 & EUR 1,032.88 per ounce
Silver Prices (LBMA)
30 Aug: USD 14.67, GBP 11.27 & EUR 12.54 per ounce
29 Aug: USD 14.69, GBP 11.40 & EUR 12.60 per ounce
28 Aug: USD 14.90, GBP 11.56 & EUR 12.74 per ounce
24 Aug: USD 14.62, GBP 11.37 & EUR 12.63 per ounce
23 Aug: USD 14.63, GBP 11.34 & EUR 12.62 per ounce
22 Aug: USD 14.81, GBP 11.49 & EUR 12.77 per ounce
Recent Market Updates
– Video: “Financial War” Deepens as Russia Buys Gold and Dollar Hegemony At Risk – Rickards on CNN
– Will Indebted Nations Globally Follow Venezuela Into Hyperinflation?
– End Of Dollar Hegemony May Happen Soon and Badly Impact Indebted America
– 10 Incredible Photos From Venezuela Show The Disastrous Risks Of Currency Devaluation
– This Week’s Golden Nuggets
– Video: Is Silver Set for a Massive Breakout?
– Banks Now Long Gold, Short Dollar. What Do They Know?
– Russia Buys 800,000 Ounces Of Gold In July
– Gold Season – Is This It?
– This Week’s Golden Nuggets
– Gold And Silver Prices Fall 1.6% and 4.3% To Near 2 Year Lows
– London House Prices Fall At Fastest Annual Rate Since Height Of Financial Crisis
– Jim Rogers on Gold, Silver, Bitcoin and Blockchain’s “Spectacular Future”
This Week’s Golden Nuggets appeared first on GoldCore Gold Bullion Dealer.